Building bridges has been woven into the DNA of Sister Cities since its founding in 1956. Diversity and inclusion, two widely discussed topics in the post-COVID world, are byproducts of practically every SCI program. Cross-cultural programs have the ability of bringing countries, cultures, and people together in the spirit of friendship – nobody does it better than Sister Cities.
Please join our virtual Global Conversation moderated by Ron Nirenberg, Mayor of San Antonio and immediate past Chair for SCI, along with a panel of global experts who will:
– Highlight success stories of enriching city exchange programs
– Share creative ideas to thrive during the pandemic
– Give examples of how cities have created empathetic and globally-conscious citizens
– Communicate how SCI can build relationships regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or political party
Visit our website to find out more information and register now for this event!
We have a panel of highly experienced citizen diplomats and city officials for this next Global Conversation.
Ron Nirenberg; Mayor of San Antonio, TX, Chair Emeritus of Sister Cities International
– Michael Thompson; Deputy Mayor of Toronto, Canada
– Maria Dolores Hernández Montoya; Director of International Relations, Government of Guadalajara, Mexico
– Dr. Mamiko Reeves; Assistant Vice President and Dean of International Programs, Northwood University
– Ronda Pierce; SCI Country Representative for Tanzania, Co-Chair for Sister Cities of Durham, Arusha Committee