Must see! We have origin stories coming up from our sister countries in partnership with Tacoma Public Library and Tacoma Creates. This is an online event so you need to register to watch. Did we forget to mention it’s free???
Origin stories take place even before the “once upon a time” of fairy tales. They reflect the wonder and the glory of the origins of the universe, of god or gods, our world and how humankind has learned to live upon the earth. Tacoma’s Sister Cities bring us creation stories from China, Japan, Norway, South Africa, the Balkans and Mezzo-America.
Join us for the August 22 session and/or the August 29 session with different countries featured in each session.
- Here are Saturday 22 featured storytellers and stories:
- The Princess & the Herdboy – Creation of the Tanabuta-Sana Holiday – from Walter and Hitomi Allen, Kitakyushu Sister City
- Songs of the Bird Gamayun – Vera Rousseff, Vladivostok and Brovary Sister Cities
- The Norse Gods by Johan Escebutu – Nickola Tollefson, Aalesund Sister City
- Eyes of the Greeks – Molly Graham, Stari Grad Sister City
- Origin of Jazz and Jazz’s Origin with Sister Cities, Kareem Kandi, Sister Cities in Taiwan, Japan and France
- Telling Your Own Origin Story – Clare Petrich
This Program is co-sponsored by Tacoma Creates and Tacoma Public Library.
Registration is required: Click here to register
Registrants will receive a zoom link via email one hour prior to the event